Our customers tell us that the #1 reason people keep coming back to Chelmsford City Racecourse is our people. Not only do we agree, but we couldn’t be prouder of this fact! We’re always looking for lovely people, especially as we grow.
Due to the continuing development of the Racecourse we are recruiting for both Racing and Non-Racing events.
DIGITAL MARKETING EXECUTIVE
REPORTING TO: Senior Commercial Executive
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week, 5 days over 7 – flexibility for evening and weekend work
CHELMSFORD CITY RACECOURSE
Our customers tell us that the #1 reason people keep coming back to Chelmsford City Racecourse is our people. Not only do we agree, but we couldn’t be prouder of this fact!
Due to the continuing development of the Racecourse we are recruiting for a digital marketing executive. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated professional with digital marketing experience to join Britain’s newest Racecourse. We are seeking a candidate who specialises in digital and social media to interact with our virtual communities and to attract new users.
As part of a small team, you will work closely with the senior commercial executive and commercial manager to develop and maximise the marketing and promotional structure employed by the racecourse with specific focus on digital activity. You will have overall responsibility to ensure that CCR brand guidelines are adhered to and that all media messages are communicated effectively to grow and develop our business, taking ideas from conception to implementation.
Chelmsford City Racecourse is the newest racecourse in the UK and has well and truly brought racing back to Essex with its’ electric atmosphere and beautiful facilities. The course has flourished throughout three years of operation and in 2017 has won a number of awards and been shortlisted as a finalist in two categories of the RCA Showcase Awards. Hosting a number of successful concerts events each year, Arabian Racing, a huge range of non-raceday events and of course more than 60 BHA fixtures, Chelmsford City Racecourse is rapidly transitioning from the young pretender into a leading contender!
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Marketing or business-related degree
- Previous experience in a similar marketing role
- Advanced skills in Photoshop for designing artwork for promotional material and campaigns
- Demonstrable experience of designing and building e-communications
- Experience of managing online digital advertising – understanding and knowledge of Google analytics, Facebook Ad Manager and Display. Must have experience of placing advertising on these platforms.
- Knowledge of SEO optimisation techniques to help maximise organic rankings and conversion rates
- Knowledge of managing websites and CRM; updating content as necessary
- Experience of digital marketing within a sales-led environment, focused on generating leads and optimising conversion rates
- Experience in creating interesting and innovative content for all digital channels, including social media, website and e-newsletters
YOU WILL ALSO:
- Act as a digital expert by keeping up-to-date with the latest digital trends, technology and relevant legislations
- Be a team player, show initiative and work well under pressure, in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be a champion for our customers
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- A thorough approach and attention to detail
- Have the right to work in the UK
IN RETURN WE WILL OFFER YOU:
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing and leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourse
Applicants must also be willing and able to work weekends and evenings to support racing, conference and events as and when required.
Applications should be directed to Lauren.Plummer@chelmsfordcityracecourse.com
No recruitment agencies please.
Chelmsford City Racecourse offer unique, exciting and flexible work opportunities for individuals of ALL ages and welcome applications from well presented, hard working and enthusiastic people to join for the following casual roles:
- Waiting Staff
- Raceday Stewards
- Horse Racing Integrity Stewards
- Bar Staff
- Concession Staff
- Kitchen Porters
We are looking for staff who are keen to make a customer’s day feel special and who are able to deliver excellent customer service with the ability to make the entire experience enjoyable. Candidates must be hard working, motivated, punctual, polite and enthusiastic.
You will need to provide a safe, friendly environment for all of our customers whilst delivering an efficient and energetic service. You will be the face of the company and the first point of contact for our guests.
Applicants MUST have experience working within busy environments, with the correct attitude and the desire to achieve.
Shifts typically between 6 -8 hours with extended shifts on feature days and concerts. This is causal work which is perfect if you want flexibility. This will include working both weekdays and weekend shifts with excellent rates of pay.
No experience is necessary as full training is provided. The Ideal candidate will be able to interact with the guest and communicate well with them.
Please register your interest with Julie.Klyen@chelmsfordcityracecourse.com.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Chelmsford City Racecourse does not accept unsolicited CV’s from any agencies that have not signed a mutual business agreement. All unsolicited CV’s will be considered Chelmsford City Racecourse’s property, and Chelmsford City Racecourse will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes CV’s submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the HR Department.