Our customers tell us that the #1 reason people keep coming back to Chelmsford City Racecourse is our people. Not only do we agree, but we couldn’t be prouder of this fact! We’re always looking for lovely people, especially as we grow.
Chelmsford City Racecourse is the newest racecourse in the UK and has well and truly brought racing back to Essex with its’ electric atmosphere and beautiful facilities. The course to date has won a number of awards and been shortlisted as a finalist in two categories of the RCA Showcase Awards. Hosting a number of successful fixtures each year, Chelmsford City Racecourse is rapidly transitioning from the young pretender into a leading contender!
Due to the continuing development of the Racecourse we are recruiting for both Racing and Non-Racing events.
Reporting to: Clerk of the Course
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, 5 days over 7. Flexibility for evening and weekend work is a pre-requisite to this role.
Reporting to the Clerk of the Course as a member of the estates team you will help maintain the racing surface and all other racing associated areas to a high standard. You will be a committed and hardworking individual who has high standards and are motivated as you will be required to work alone and as part of a wider team. The ability to demonstrate initiative is important as are good communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Track irrigation
- Operating tractors
- Maintenance of lawns and gardens
- Racecourse buildings – assist with general maintenance
- Other associated estate work to prepare the grounds for racing and all year-round events.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous racecourse experience or grounds maintenance preferred
- Turf Management qualification an advantage
- Tractor driving experience essential
- Experience with mowers, strimmers and other garden machinery essential
- Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
- Ability to work well in a small team
- Good communication skills
- A full UK driving licence
You will also be:
- Passionate about what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can-do” attitude
- Hard working and reliable with a strong work ethic
- Flexible/adaptable and calm under pressure
- Able to prove you have the right to work in the UK
In return we will offer you:
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- Free uniform
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Free meals on racedays
- A range of racing and leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourse.
Please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Chelmsford City Racecourse does not accept unsolicited CV’s from any agencies that have not signed a mutual business agreement. All unsolicited CV’s will be considered Chelmsford City Racecourse’s property, and Chelmsford City Racecourse will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes CV’s submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the HR Department.